The Steering Committee consists of the presidents or rectors of the universities that co-signed PASC (Università della Svizzera Italiana, University of Geneva, Zurich, as well as EPFL and ETH Zurich). It approves all major funding decisions, and nominates upon recommendations from the Program Director the members of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB), and the members of the Core Program Committee (CPC) that represent the different scientific fields.
The Program Leadership consists of:
- the Program Director (Thomas Schulthess), who is responsible for all strategic aspects of PASC, oversees interactions with industry as well as with the SAB and the CPC, and reports to the steering committee. Furthermore, he is making sure the developments of the projects supported by PASC and the Core Program are aligned with the system construction projects at CSCS.
- the Executive Management composed of:
- Michele De Lorenzi (CSCS): Finances, Communication, Outreach, PASC Conference. Supported by Claudia Alongi (CSCS) for the financial aspects
- Joost VandeVondele (CSCS): Management of Core Program, contacts to Core Program Committee and Projects
The Program Leadership is supported by the Project Officer (Paola Colferai, CSCS).
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) members are international experts from the computer industry as well as labs that are involved in similar co-design projects. The Program Director proposes candidates to the Steering Committee. The members of the SAB are:
- Katherine Evans, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Mike Heroux, Sandia National Laboratories
- David Keyes, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
- Minna Palmroth, University of Helsinki
- Mike Payne, University of Cambridge
- William Tang, Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory
The Core Program Committee (CPC) is a standing committee of professors from Swiss Universities in different fields that advises the Program Director. The members of the CPC are:
- Christof Appenzeller, MeteoSwiss, Climate
- Florina Ciorba, University of Basel, HPC
- Torsten Hoefler, ETH Zurich, HPC
- Martin Kunz, University of Geneva, Astrophysics
- Nicola Marzari, EPFL, Materials
- Olaf Schenk, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Computational Science
- Roman Teyssier, University of Zurich, Astrophysics
The Projects are a bottom-up initiative based on yearly calls and approved by the Steering Committee.
The Core Program is a top-down initiative based on a master plan proposed by the Program Director, review by Core Program Committee.
Trainings and Outreach activities coordinated by the Program Leadership.